Millions of people around the world are looking forward to the end of politically motivated violence with the inauguration of Donald J. Trump to the Presidency of the United States of America on January 20, 2017. The moment he utters the phrase “Radical Islamic Terrorism,” these millions will no longer suffer car bombs, shootings, kidnappings, public executions and vehicle hijackings. What a joyous day!
For this reason, I’ve created a Thunderclap so the whole world can say those special, powerful words together with President Trump at noon (1200) on Monday, January 23, 2017 (UTC/GMT -5).
We all know President Trump will be doing AMAZING things the day of the inauguration, and you can’t expect the man to work the weekend. So the big day is the next Monday. High noon. Terrorism gone!
Thereafter, the only time we’ll ever think of politically motivated violence* is when we’re playing a board game!
*Following categories of politically motivated violence excluded
- Dictatorships & monarchs, with support from foreign governments, suppressing their own people
- Genocide of undesirables who stand in way of exploitation of water, mineral or other resources or who come follow different religions or who identify with other ethnic groups
- Extrajudicial killings by police and vigilantes
- Formal invasions by powerful industrialized nations into weak nations
- Assassinations by drone & special forces
- Terrorism committed by non-Muslims
- Collateral damage incurred by prohibition of drugs and prevention of migration
- Casualties from unexploded ordnance from previous conflicts and the cluster bombs which some nations (read USA) continue to sell
- Potential casualties from accidental or unauthorized use of nuclear weapons